July 20th (Sun) 11:00am @ Pagoda Stage, Japantown
Sing your heart out in Japanese!
So here we go again! J-POP SUMMIT Festival is very excited to announce the 2nd annual J-POP IDOL CONTEST! This is a competition in which the contestants compete in singing a JAPANESE SONG*.
*No need to be Japanese, nor speaker of the Japanese language.
☆ Check out last year’s competition HERE!
Presented by: Yamasho
FREE Karaoke for 12 people, 3 pitchers of beers, and appetizers (3 hours)
FREE Karaoke for 8 people, 2 pitchers of beers (2 hours)
$25 Yamasho gift certificate
(Provided by Yamasho Restaurant and Karaoke)
You do not have to be a pro to join this contest. You do not need to know how to speak Japanese. This contest is all about how well you can sing, and how you own the Japanese song you are going to deliver to the festival crowd! You will be judged by your ability to sing. You may even compete against native Japanese speakers – but fret not! Let the submission begin! (Your Japanese pronunciation is not at review.)
▶Song for Contest: :
ANY popular Japanese song*, no more than 5 minutes in length (Jpop, Enka, Anime Song, Traditional…)
*You will need to provide your own karaoke track – so please choose a song you can find the track to. (Please do not send us a track with the main vocals still in it – this is not a lip-sync contest!)
▶ Submission Method:
1) Film your performance with a camera or computer to make an online video.*
*If you are not familiar with making a video of yourself – please ask friends or family to help you.
2) Be careful of the volume level in which you record so the sound doesn’t get distorted.
3) Email us your already uploaded Youtube link URL to email@example.com by June 20th (Fri) 5pm PST
** The submission will be conducted privately. We will not publicize your submission video
4) You may sign up as a duo or group if the original song is sang as a duo or a group.
5) Please Include the following info inside the email: