When the children are gone, the toys come out to play! Come one, come all, to our lovely Toyland Parade!
BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT will be hosting a toy-inspired fashion contest at JPOP SUMMIT 2014 called “Toyland Parade.” Whether you’re a cuddly Usakumya-chan, a forlorn Samipoo, or a forgotten member of Shappo’s Sentimental Circus troupe, we welcome you to a celebration of fun for all ages.
♥ This Year’s Theme: Toyland Parade
♥ Date & Time:
▶July 20 (Sun) at Pagoda Stage, Japantown
♥ Contest Qualifications and Details:
1. Fashion contestants must wear main pieces (JSK, OP, or Blouse & Bottom) from BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT or Alice and the Pirates.
2. A coordination check will be conducted at 12:00pm before the contest.
3. Your coordinate may not include weapons or weapon replicas, such as guns, swords, knives. Bringing such items to the fashion contest will immediately disqualify your entry. If you have any questions regarding your props, please inquire before the contest.
4. Judging during the competition will be based on creativity and adherence to the theme, and on how finalists explain their look to the audience during the contest.
5. The winners will be chosen by our special guest judges Akira and Tomomi Nakamura (Alice and the Pirates Designer)!!
6. Winners will receive gorgeous prizes presented by BABY! The top twenty contestants will move on to the stage portion of the contest. Qualifying contestants will receive novelty prizes for participating.
♥ Wardrobe Screening:
No previous sign up necessary!!!
♥ How to Check-in for the Wardrobe Screening: Where: Peace Plaza Pagoda Stage Checkpoint 2 (see MAP below) When: July 20th (Sun) by 12:00pm (no later) Please get in line.
-Please gather by 12:00pm at the Peace Plaza Pagoda Stage Checkpoint 2 (see MAP below), the entrance to the backstage area for the BABY staff to go through wardrobe screening. The qualified finalists will then check-in backstage again with J-POP stage manager by 1:15pm, and then wait backstage until time for the contest to start.
♥ Winning Categories:
● 1st place
● 2nd place
● 3rd place
● Tomomi Nakamura (Alice and the Pirates Designer)
If you are signing up on site and under 18, we need you to bring a printed and signed copy of the parental (legal guardian)’s consent form for you to perform/be on stage. Please download from this page. Please submit the signed copy at check-in to the stage manager (once you qualify).
☞ DOWNLOAD FORM HERE: 2014 Appearance Agreement UNDER18.pdf